Sunday, February 8, 2009

Distractions

Our closing date was PUSHED BACK AGAIN! But... I can find the good in it, so I remind myself that because of this delay, we will have an extra week to pack and clean.

In the meantime, I have a math class to keep me busy (which is VERY important because it's the last class I need to graduate from PPCC). And, in addition to schoolwork, I have been creating a resume and searching for new job opportunities. I am tired of my current job, it's boring and low-paying, and I've gained 40 lbs from sitting at this desk all night long. I'm not joking, I'm crying.

I've been stressing. I need a distraction.

As a big white snow cloud was descending over Colorado Springs this morning, I forced my husband and little sister on a hike in the newest and largest city park, the Red Rock Canyon Open Space. We took an hour and hiked a little over a mile. By the end of the hour, my companions were no longer grumbling. Cracking the whip seemed to help.



No comments:

Post a Comment