Friday, July 31, 2009

Not just any day.

This morning as Dusty was driving to work, he called me to let me know that the city below was shrouded in a sea of clouds. So I did what anyone would do. I jumped out of bed, threw on my shoes, grabbed my camera, and ran down the road to catch the Sunrise.





Normally, you can see the city lights down there, but today is not just any day.





Twenty minutes later, I was in the perfect spot to capture the Sun beginning Her daily watch.





As Her light begins to reflect off the silvery clouds, the forest comes to life with sounds of the morning.





Birds and chipmunks begin chirping happily. A deer family awakens, startled by my sudden outburst of song.





"♪ ♫ I have to say it now ♪ ♫ it's been a good life all in all ♪ ♫ it's really fine to have a chance to hang around ♪ ♫"





Rarely is the cloud cover so low.





For the last three days it's been rainy and foggy up here. It's nice to have a clear morning for a change, but I love how the rain turns the mountains so green.





This is my Just-Woke-Up look. I'm thrilled, really!





I meandered back home to finish getting everything in order for our upcoming Road Trip. It's going to be a long day, but it started out just perfect.





♪ ♫ Lyrics by John Denver

3 comments:

  1. Holy cow...awesome pics! I'm jealous of you guys! But I don't envy that drive every day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Though I have seen the sun rise over the ocean, I have never seen the sun rise over a sea of clouds. That was totally awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maria, those photos are amazing! You live in the most beautiful place in the world I think. I'm glad you got up to see it and share pictures.

    ReplyDelete