Thursday, September 3, 2009

Harbor Cruise

Last month when Dusty and I were in San Diego with two of my sisters, the rest of us planned a surprise party for the sister who was just turning 22.  We all went on a cruise!


The name of our excursion into the San Diego Harbor was the "Sights and Sips Sunset Cruise" and rightly so, because it was planned around the sun's daily retirement into the Pacific Ocean.  Below is a picture of the light from the setting sun as it filtered through the concrete pillars of the Coronado Bridge.


With the admission price came a variety of all-you-can-eat stuff-your-face appetizers like shredded pork sandwiches, pineapple salsa with chips, rice, and chicken kabobs.  There was even dessert towards the end!  The ship took us up and down the harbor, passing beneath the Coronado Bridge twice.  It is an interesting photo subject because of how it curves so gracefully across the water.


Although everyone else in my party had seen the sun setting over the Pacific, it was my first time.  So I lapped it up.  The colors of the western sky were a mixture of pastels and fire.


Everyone was having a good time.  It was nice to relax and enjoy the scenery with two of my sisters and my husband.  I can still smell the salty breeze and hear the chugging engine and visualize seagulls drifting on the waves of the air.

2 comments:

  1. It looks like you guys had a blast! Your photos are absolutely beautiful, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an absolutely beautiful description.

    ReplyDelete