Sunday, November 29, 2009

Pathway on a Change of Plans

I know what you're thinking:  "Oh my goodness.  That girl changes her major like she changes her clothes!"

Yes, I have been indecisive (architecture, art, music, history, society, geography, philosophy, language, literature, CULTURE)...

Applying to UCCS, I said Spanish would be my major, knowing how practical it is to be fluent in the language of our neighbors.  I also said a minor would be crucial to the specialization process which I am going through at the university.

Considering that my interests include various ways of studying humans and their culture, and looking back on the most interesting course I took this semester (Introduction to Human Origins), I realized my best option would be to major in Anthropology and minor in Spanish.  This way, I still become fluent in the language of our neighbors while studying what I am truly passionate about: human beings and their interactions with each other and the environment.

Spring 2010 registration is finished, and this is my final schedule:


~Intermediate Spanish I - a continuation of my Spanish studies! Se habla español.

~Business and Professional Communication - to learn how to effectively sell my skills.

~Nature of Language - anthropological study of tongue.

~Intro to Cultural Anthropology - the counterpart to Physical Anthropology.

~Human Biology & Ecology - to deepen my understanding of human health, reproduction, and demography.

~VAPA Vocal Ensemble - a CHOIR! I haven't been in a choir since high school!

1 comment: