Monday, February 15, 2010

Learning Web Design

I like web design, even though I don't know much about it.  My cousin was the first to tell me about HTML and CSS when I joined MySpace several years ago.  For those of you who don't know, I cannot describe HTML and CSS technically but I can say that they are design languages working behind the scenes to influence font and paragraph styles and to insert tables, frames, and images onto a website.  I once had a lot of fun customizing my MySpace profile, changing the entire scheme every few months.  But, now it seems that MySpace is less populated and more people have moved to Facebook, including  me, so I have played with web design less since Facebook doesn't have the same freedom of design.  

Right now I am seeking some new knowledge about web design so I can create a smoother, silkier Blogger page.  There are lots of free templates to use with Blogger, and although they are all very nice templates, they smell of other people's accomplishments and less of my own web design proficiency. I want to direct people to my blog to find articles written by me, on an interface designed and eternally tweaked by me.

I recently became the proud owner of Adobe Dreamweaver, web design software that I hope will become less of a puzzle and more of an actual tool in the near future.  Right now my schedule won't allow me to dive into Dreamweaver uninhibited, but I just thought it would be nice to get the intent out there on the old blog.  Being free to change my website design is one of the many ways that variation makes me so very happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment