Thursday, August 19, 2010

Guatemala City, May 22

I kept a detailed journal during my time in Guatemala. Here is what I had to say about Guatemala City, followed by a series of my first photos taken in the country. 
"After checking into the Howard Johnson in Guatemala City, I went walking with my fellow students into Zona 10. We walked across the patchwork sidewalks, past gated compounds with razor blade barbed wire fences and beautiful old world architecture. There were many types of trees and flowers of many colors, red and purple and pink, many originating in Asia. Later we all took a rickety old teeny city bus with squeaky benches too small for our large frames. We took the bus to an area where we walked to a restaurant. I had chicken with lime, rice, fresh corn on the cob and tortillas. I drank purified water in a bottle and a lot of coffee."

My fellow students








No more military policy!

The teeny bus

No comments:

Post a Comment