Wednesday, April 6, 2011

I want to Understand. But I don't.

There is a railroad bridge that leads nowhere, located in Chillicothe betweenYoctangee Park and the floodwall/bicycle path along the Scioto River. I want to know what this structure once was, but I can't find any online literature about it.
It must have been part of the old railroad that is now the bicycle path. But why would there be a four-stalled barn beneath a covered railroad bridge? And why is the floor paved like a parking lot with car-sized lanes? And why in the world would the railroad stop like that in mid-air? I just don't understand.




1 comment:

  1. I suggest it was originally a railroad bridge and later on when it wasn't used for that purpose the barn structure was built using the sturdy framework already in place. I have no idea what the barn was used for but the pavement suggests some sort of covered car port or garage? a bus barn? a place to park tractors? You need to go to the local library and find the local historian!! Let me know what you learn!

    ReplyDelete