Saturday, April 30, 2011

Ohio University: First Thoughts

The greater part of my yesterday was spent in Athens, a college town in the Appalachian foothills of southeastern Ohio. I listened politely to the sales pitch offered by Ohio University's faculty and students, while partaking of unlimited free coffee and tea. It was an impressive presentation, and by the end of the day I was convinced that OU would be a fine place for me to finish my Bachelor's Degree. It was easy to make my pros and cons list.


Pros:

  • The campus architecture and landscaping is gorgeous, and the surrounding hills are comforting to me.
  • The Anthropology department is similar in size to what I was accustomed to at UCCS.
  • It is in a small town centered around the university economy. 

Cons:

  • Dusty's job is 90 minutes away. 

Next weekend, I'll check out the campus of Ohio State University in Columbus. Then the University of Cincinnati the following week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment