Thursday, August 16, 2012

Sims 3 Legacy Challenge


School starts in six days, and so far this summer I've been busy learning how to quilt (making multiple fondling trips to fabric stores), thinking about holiday plans (yes, I do that this early), practicing a balanced household budget (being an unemployed student is tricky), volunteering with refugees (as a glorified taxi-driver and secretary), and finding time to play the Legacy Challenge on The Sims 3, which I will be explaining a bit here.  

The Legacy Challenge rules involve starting with a single founder on the largest piece of land in the neighborhood, and playing 10 generations of the founder's family without using excessive manipulation (aka: cheats).  I named my founder George Wakefield.  Before he could afford to build himself a shack, George slept outside under the stars in a sleeping bag and used the facilities at the community center.  He grew his own food, married Laurel Grisby, raised two children, and worked very hard to become the doctor that he is today.  

Just yesterday the third generation was born and I am so proud!  George Wakefield III is a cute kid who does not seem to have inherited the donkey ears of his father (from the Grisby side of the family).  

Overall the family is doing very well, and they have expanded their house quite a lot thanks to income from the jobs of George I and George II, and from sales of Grandma Laurel's masterpiece paintings and sculptures.  The mother of George III is an aspiring author, but she is currently pregnant again so she may not have time to write for some time because twins run in her (the Lobos) family.  

This challenge is really fun for me because I enjoy genealogy as much as I enjoy micro-managing the lives of my sims.  As a girl I played with barbies and paper dolls, but since 2000 I've been playing the Sims.  

No comments:

Post a Comment