Saturday, December 29, 2012

Insulin Resistance is not the same as Diabetes

So far, according to recent blood work from last week, I do not have diabetes.  I have never had diabetes.

Yet, for some reason, whenever I tell people that I am insulin resistent, some still insist that I have diabetes.

Yes, I do take medication that diabetics take for insulin resistance.  However, taking medication for insulin resistance does not mean that I have diabetes.  One leads to the other, but they are not the same.

So far, according to recent blood work from last week, Metformin is helping to get my insulin levels under control.  I have lost 25 pounds since beginning the medication.  As long as my body continues to heal, I will likely never have diabetes.

See:  Other people say the same thing

No comments:

Post a Comment