Thursday, June 18, 2009

Metric Rocks the Ogden Theater!

It's been a week since I saw them in concert, but I wanted the experience to solidify in my mind before I started to write about it.


METRIC put on a feel-good show at the Ogden Theater in Denver, and my sister took me to go see it! Considering all of the gin we drank that night, in hindsight I'd say we had a super time together!


I get so excited remembering how awesome it was to see Emily Haines rocking the stage with her unfaltering energy. The dress she wore made her look like a Rock Goddess, all shiny and metallic with fringe at the bottom. It must feel so good to dance on the stage in front of a crowd, letting the music take control and feeling the fringe sway against her legs.





One of my favorite songs by METRIC is called Gimme Sympathy: "After all this is gone, who would you rather be: the Beatles or the Rolling Stones? ...come on baby, play me something like Here Comes the Sun.."


It's possible that the Beatles reference is all I like about Gimme Sympathy, but I doubt it. The song has a really uplifting sound about it, and I am a sucker for uplifting songs.


METRIC's music is the kind that reminds you how great it is to be alive. I had such a wonderful time swimming in the (no, not gin) rhythmic beats and soothing soundscapes that filled the Ogden that night. The type of music cannot be described as pure alternative... but my sister calls it a mix of jazz and rock, which I agree is the perfect description.





The crowd was a mixture of young and old, dressed in all flavors of costume, showing that METRIC really appeals to a wide group of listeners. Check them out, I'm sure you will enjoy them!









Below is a preview of their latest album: Fantasies. Be sure to listen to Gimme Sympathy, and take a look at the dress Emily wears in Sick Muse, I think it's the same one she wore to the Ogden!


No comments:

Post a Comment