Saturday, February 6, 2010

It's Cupcake Day! ♥

I made cupcakes to send as Valentine's Day goodies to my sister and brother-in-law.  They are both serving in the Navy in the medical field, and I wanted to show my appreciation to them.  Plus, I just ♥ them.



They are so cute!  ♥

I'm opting to make these cupcakes from a boxed mix, using the excuse that with 20 credit hours and an internship I cannot afford to spend the few extra  seconds it would have taken to mix the ingredients from scratch...

Duncan Hines, don't fail me now! (me want some Red Velvet!)


I followed the instructions on the box, making high altitude adjustments and singing a little along the way.  I love this color!  So rich and red!


And because I can't get enough variation, I had to get 4 different types of cupcake papers...


Here they are, in all their glory, coated in Cream Cheese frosting and trimmed in Valentine's Sprinkles:


4 comments:

  1. Mmmmm! Those look yummy! I know they're going to love them! How do you send cupcakes in the mail?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an amazing young woman and I don't know how you find time to do so much and school too! Happy Valentine's Day to you and Dusty! Love, Mom from Grammy and Bob's

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! They were Yummy! An excellent surprize!

    ReplyDelete