Thursday, January 6, 2011

New Years Goals; 2011

Happy New Year from Circleville, Ohio! :) We arrived two days ago and we have a lot of work ahead of us, but isn't work what life is all about? Not only about work though, life is about enjoyment and happiness. To improve my own happiness and encourage personal growth, I've created the following goals for 2011:


  1. Post these goals on my blog (first week in January)
  2. Give an update half-way through the year
  3. Get a job!!!
  4. Enroll in a fitness class or join a gym
  5. Go on 12 planned dates with Dusty
  6. Travel to a unique park or national forest or historical site or museum each month 
  7. Walk 500 miles outside of regular daily activities (2.35/500)
  8. Begin to play the banjo
  9. Learn to identify 20 new species 
  10. Write in my journal once per week (1/52)
  11. See five musical performances live
  12. Buy a used bicycle
  13. Visit my sister Jennifer in Hawaii
  14. Fly my sister Melanie to Ohio
  15. Plan a road trip to Maryland
  16. Go camping
  17. Fly a kite
  18. Write ten more blog posts than I wrote last year (1/65)
  19. Read two books of poetry
  20. Read ten novels
  21. Learn 12 new songs on piano
  22. Grow ten new species of plants
  23. Try a new recipe each week
  24. Invite others over for dinner six times
  25. Practice with Rosetta Stone once per week
  26. Attend the Feast of the Flowering Moon Festival in Chillicothe (May 27 - 29)
  27. Attend the Southern Ohio Storytelling Festival (September 9 - 10)
  28. Attend the Circleville Pumpkin Show (October 19 - 22)
  29. Learn about this year's issues and vote on November 8th
  30. Reach pre-wedding weight

1 comment:

  1. [Applause, smile] Yay! I love your plan! Go for it! Go for all of it!! I'm so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete