Friday, February 4, 2011

After a month in Ohio

Well, it's been a whole month since our move to Ohio, and I've seen the sun shining only a handful of times - today being one of them. Oh, precious sunshine! It's very wet here. There is always snow on the ground or snow falling from the always-cloudy skies. Toss and Donna have been outside a few times, but they aren't sure about suburbia yet.


Although I hardly ever see people outdoors, I know they live all around us. The grocery store is a half-mile down the road, so I've developed a habit of walking there a few times each week. I only buy what I can carry home, which means I am more likely to buy items that will get used, so nothing goes bad in our refrigerator.

We have made ourselves at home in a duplex in Circleville. It's not a large space but it's sufficient. Dusty enjoys his work, and I am looking for employment nearby. I'm still unpacking and throwing things away, attempting to simplify our lives by decluttering and focusing on modesty and practicality.

This is a brief update and I will write more later, but for now this is all I can think of to say.

1 comment:

  1. I love it! I enjoy reading about the differences you find. It helps me to remember to be thankful for the things I have--like sunshine!! I think it's excellent that you are taking advantage of the close proximity of things like the store. I'm sure walking everywhere is one of the reasons behind Europes low rate of obesity. And it works when you live in an urban area. DeeDee also mentioned how she threw things out as she unpacked after her last move. I always did it the other way around. Throwing things out is awesome! It makes me feel light and practical and wise.

    I miss you. Groom misses you. When we were at your rental property last week, she got weepy. We didn't know why until she told us she misses you. I had to go into another room so I would not get weepy, too.

    ReplyDelete