Wednesday, July 27, 2011

I'm ready for school to begin again

All school books for the Fall Semester have been purchased, and they came from all over the country, from places as near as Indianapolis (190 miles) and as far as Horsham, Pennsylvania (480 miles). I am so thankful that all I have to do is click and pay, and my books will be delivered right to my door, for hundreds of dollars cheaper than buying them at the school bookstore.

Before I can petition for Ohio residency in January, I decided to take three last courses through the University of Colorado at Colorado Springs - online. I'm a student, an academic at heart, and I deserve to be furthering my education! So, next month I'll login to the UCCS website and begin these classes: Human Geography, Survey of Art History, and, Research Methods in Social Sciences. All basic, all relevant, and all super fun!

Until then, the educational void in my life is being filled with genealogy. I spend a lot of my time reading county histories, copying records, speculating, writing, and going back to the books for more information. Yes, I find it fun, so yes, I truly am a geek.
:) Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment