Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Education Update

I'm so excited, blessed, and most of all elated that I don't ever have to take another math class. It was looking like I had to, but it's amazing how things work out, after giving the admissions team enough time to go over my transfer courses.

Everything has been taken care of, and I'm enrolled to start classes next week. I'm totally excited to be a Buckeye! I will graduate sometime in the year 2013, May 5th at the earliest, possibly as late as December 13th (don't mark your calendar yet!), there may be another study trip to Latin America before then.

Luckily, Ohio State offers a Bachelor's Degree in my favorite branch of Anthropology: Linguistics. So that's what my major is, and I'll begin preparing for certification in TESOL (teaching English to speakers of other languages). I have only a few general education requirements before I can focus on my concentration. This quarter I'll be studying: Phonetics (the sounds of language), Fiction in Literature, Music Cultures of the World, and of course I'll be singing in the Women's Glee Club ♪♫♪

No comments:

Post a Comment