Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Years Goals; 2012

This year I will begin studies at the Ohio State University. My main focus is school but I will also devote a good deal of energy cultivating a healthy lifestyle by getting involved in the production of vegetables in my own backyard and taking time to exercise at the remarkable OSU gym. I will meet many new and interesting people, develop lasting relationships, and visit loved ones who don't live so close anymore. I will practice skills I already have, and try out new things. I will see new places, work hard, and test my strengths. Most of all, I will enjoy this life that I have been blessed with. Here are 54 goals I have set for myself this year: 
  1. post these goals on my blog (1/1/2012)
  2. give an update on my birthday (5/8/2012)
  3. give a final report at the end of the year
  4. write as many blog posts as I wrote last year (1/45)
  5. take a beekeeping class
  6. exercise twice per week at the OSU recreation center or YMCA
  7. soak in a bath or sit in a sauna once per week
  8. journal once per month
  9. plant a flower garden
  10. plant a veggie garden
  11. build a snowman  
  12. fly a kite
  13. carve a jack o'lantern
  14. run/walk in one 5k event
  15. try sculpting something 
  16. read 12 books
  17. randomly call an out-of-state relative or friend once each month
  18. go on a day-hike of 5+ miles 
  19. visit a zoo 
  20. visit an art museum
  21. visit an aquarium 
  22. go to IKEA with a friend
  23. try five new foods 
  24. paint the living room 
  25. paint the bathroom 
  26. get a professional massage 
  27. unpack all of our boxes 
  28. put a guest bed in the guest room 
  29. bake goodies and give them away for no particular reason 
  30. donate to NPR 
  31. pick another borrower to lend to on Kiva.org 
  32. buy a used canoe and take it out on a lake (and tip it!)
  33. join a club at school 
  34. take a road trip to Niagara Falls and cross the border into Canada for the first time
  35. visit my beloved Colorado
  36. continue to work on weight loss, aiming for healthy weight of 120-150 pounds or BMI of 21-24
  37. go on a Sister's Vacation with my fabulous hermanas 
  38. visit Grandparents in West Virginia 
  39. play on the beach (any beach!)
  40. mail four unexpected letters/cards
  41. visit five unique parks, museums, historical sites, etc.
  42. go camping
  43. volunteer 25 hours 
  44. enter a photo contest
  45. attend an American Indian gathering
  46. add five counties to my list of U.S. counties visited
  47. complete 12 courses at OSU
  48. maintain 3.5+ GPA 
  49. attend the Circleville Pumpkin Show
  50. preserve some of the harvest to enjoy during the winter 
  51. vote in November elections
  52. complete all Christmas shopping by November 30th
  53. decorate the outside of the house with lights for Christmas
  54. mail all Christmas presents by December 15th

2 comments:

  1. This list sounds like so much fun! I would love to check off some of these things with you...hmm... maybe another road trip will need to make it in my plans! You've inspired me! (And you are NOT allowed to go to Colorado without driving through Iowa. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky, I would totally love to check off some things with you. If anything, I feel a random phone call coming on... =) <3

    ReplyDelete