Thursday, October 31, 2013

. . . b r a i n s . . .



I had a lot of fun doing this   =)

Everything I used was stuff I already had on hand at home! Simple and cheap Halloween costume.

. . . b r a i n s . . .

Here's what I used:


Makeup: 
  • pale greenish concealer
  • makeup sponge
  • black eye shadow
  • medium sized makeup brush

I smeared the concealer all over my face and blended it with the sponge. Then applied eye shadow with the brush and blended it. I took care to put it in the natural hollows of my face: under my eyes, beneath my cheekbones, and nasolabial folds.

Blood:

  • pancake syrup
  • chocolate syrup
  • red food coloring
  • blue food coloring
I didn't measure any of the ingredients, but most of it was pancake syrup, followed by chocolate syrup. Mostly red food coloring with just a little blue. Then came the messy part! At first I tried applying it with a Q-tip but that didn't work very well. So I ended up just taking a spoon and pouring the blood into my "head wound" and letting it drip where it wanted. I also acted like I was eating brains from the spoon full of blood, to get the realistic nom nom face. 

Then I played the whole zombie bit. Dragging my feet, moaning, and occasionally saying "b r a i n s . . ." 

Most of my inspiration came from eHow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment