Saturday, December 14, 2013

I'm Procrastinating.

I had quite the freak-out moment this morning after I woke up, rolled over in bed, and checked my blog from my phone. Yes - I am full of myself, so I check my blog all the time to make sure it's suitable for human eyes. I even check it in bed.

My blog's pictures were gone. And in their places were ugly gray minus signs. And I wept.

Immediately I went searching for other cases like mine, and I ran across some tragic stories of bloggers who had lost years of hard work when all of the pictures from their blogs disappeared. I wept some more. I've been building this blog since June, 2008. If I lost all of the pictures it would be impossible to put it back together the way it was.

Our Christmas guests will be arriving in just three days, which means that I have 2 days to get the house ready. I'm suffering from pure procrastination as I look for any other things to focus on instead of cleaning. For example, yesterday I unpacked a box, and got photos printed, and placed them in frames and hung them just perfectly on the wall in the dining area. Yesterday I removed everything from all of my kitchen drawers and cabinets with the intention of organizing everything just perfect. Now the kitchen looks worse than it did before. And meanwhile... the rest of the house hasn't been touched.

So, what am I doing blogging right now? I just wanted to say that I've fixed the picture problem on my blog. All is not lost. I followed my Mom's advice to drink some chamomile tea and I feel much better. I will go back to cleaning now.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you got your picture problem fixed. It would be hard to concentrate on the organizing with that problem moving around in the back of your head. Your pictures are beautiful. I can see them now!

    ReplyDelete