Saturday, January 25, 2014

Rut Stew

Over the last few winters I've started this tradition. I take the random roots, bulbs, and tubers I've got laying around my kitchen, and I combine them into a stew. I call it "Rut Stew." This year I added just a sprinkling of dried grains and beans from a soup mix. 

January 2014 Rut Stew
Cast of Characters:

Golden Potato
Carrot
Radish
Yellow Onion
Shallot
Garlic
Dried Thyme
Rubbed Sage
Salt
Pepper
Organic Imagine  Foods Low Sodium Vegetable Broth Crew:
Filtered Water
Organic Onions
Organic Carrots
Organic Celery
Organic Tomato Paste
Organic Spices
Organic Garlic
Organic Expeller Pressed Canola Oil And/Or 
Organic Safflower Oil And/Or 
Organic Sunflower Oil
Sea Salt

Guest Appearances: 

Bob's Red Mill Whole Grains and Beans Soup Mix Crew:
Small Red Beans
Pinto Beans
Lentils
Red Lentils
Whole Oat Groats
Brown Rice
Triticale Berries (Wheat)
Rye Berries
Hard Red Wheat
Pearl Barley
Kamut Khorasan Wheat
Buckwheat Groats
Sesame Seeds


Act I

Act II

Act III

No comments:

Post a Comment