Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Vegetarian Birthday!

Today is my First Vegetarian Birthday!

Aside from a few meat dreams, I've had no problems or regrets.

What are meat dreams?

The last one I had involved a loved one serving me savory stew swimming with giant juicy chunks of beef. It was awkward when I said I couldn't eat it. I think we both felt bad.

I'm moving away from animal products altogether, but I'm not in a hurry to do it. 

I spent three years thinking, researching, and planning before I decided to become a vegetarian. 

Many people seem to want to know my reason for doing it. So,
  • my cholesterol is naturally high, a hereditary thing, so I don't need to ingest any more
  • six months after changing my diet I'm no longer insulin resistant
  • I've stopped gaining weight
  • no, my doctor didn't order the diet, I made the choice of my own free will
  • I generally feel better, lighter, cleaner, more regular
  • moral issues: personal beliefs about animal rights and environmental stewardship
  • budgetary issues: fruits and veggies and grains are cheaper than meats

No comments:

Post a Comment