Monday, October 14, 2013

This is Why I'm Not Cleaning My House

I haven't made much of a mark on the blogging world for quite some time.  Part of the reason for that is the ease of Facebook.  I will spend many hours minutes typing little remarks and scrolling through endless little remarks from friends and family and people I have never met.  And, after a little bit of scrolling turns into a whole lot of scrolling, I don't feel like writing about myself anymore.

But the truth is, I really like writing about myself.  And a blog offers me more space to do that.  So, here's a bit about me that's new and worth sharing:

  1. I'm 30.  Yep.  
  2. No longer insulin resistant.  Hooray!  This is seriously awesome.  Insulin resistance is the same as Prediabetes, and it's not a good place to be.  I'm pretty sure my vegetarian diet is the reason for this change, as it has been shown to improve insulin resistance in a study by Kahleova et al.  I shared this on Facebook not too long ago, so for those who keep up with my Facebook feed, I'm not sorry for double-sharing because this is seriously awesome news for my pancreas.  
  3. Graduated from The Ohio State University.  Finally!  My undergraduate studies began in the fall of 2001.  Five schools, eight majors, and 12 years later, I have two degrees hanging on my wall.  I am so ashamed proud of this fact about my life.  Recap: 
    • Majors:  History, Sociology, Middle Eastern Studies, Humanities (AA Degree), Spanish, Anthropology, Linguistics, English, Anthropology. See how these majors are all similar? I like studying people, okay. 
    • Schools:  Pikes Peak Community College (graduated 2009), American Public University System, University of Colorado at Colorado Springs, Universidad de Costa Rica, The Ohio State University (graduated 2013)
  4. The Hahn Sisters were reunited.  After too many years, the four of us got together again.  I really wish that we didn't live so far away from each other.  With me in Ohio, one in Colorado, and two in California, we're spread pretty thin.  At least we have excellent reasons to travel in this gigantic country.  
  5. Back to school.  I want to be a teacher.  And since I didn't major in education, like, ever in all my eight majors, I will take several more undergraduate classes, enroll in a Masters Ed program, take the Praxis exams, volunteer in some classrooms, and then hope that the state of Ohio will grant me a teaching license.  That's the plan for now, but I'm currently researching other options to teach, so this plan might and probably will change. 
That's all for now.  I have been in a writing mood lately, so I hope to get back on the blog and share some thoughts about stuff.  In the meantime, I've homework to do.  And I'm painting the dining room furniture, so, there's that.  Also, season 8 of Bones is on Netflix.  And my in-laws are coming in December, so I only have about 65 days to clean the house.  But seriously, writing sounds more fun than cleaning the house.  

2 comments:

  1. I like it when you write about yourself too! Woohoo for some awesome accomplishments this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Becky. You are right to assess your accomplishments. Too much of the time I lament the things I did not get done, but when I mentally list the things I HAVE done, I feel much better. It does not surprise me at all that your hobby is learning.

    ReplyDelete